“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.”
Volunteers play a key role in the community by giving their time and talent to ensure a wide variety of programs, services and events are available to residents. SYNERGY encourages and supports volunteerism in Chestermere, Langdon and South East Rocky View by providing a volunteer opportunity database, support services, resources, and training.
Volunteering in The Community
When deciding how and where you would like to volunteer, it is important to consider what causes you are passionate about and your level of commitment. This will help you choose a volunteer position that you find fulfilling.
Many organizations will interview prospective volunteers to ensure the position is a good fit. Depending on the organization and the position, you may be required to provide the following:
- Completed Application Form
- Criminal Record Check
- Resume and References
- Child Intervention Check
Volunteer with Synergy
Synergy is always looking for volunteers eager to help in their community. Below is a list of just some of the ways you can get involved with Synergy.
- Mentor an individual youth member
- Assist with a SHOUT, YELL or Creative Kids meeting, project or program (preferably one that your own child does not attend – ask us why)
- Host or assist with a community program – i.e. Games Night
- Lead or assist with an initiative or event – i.e. Langdon Legacies
- Chaperone a field trip, retreat or camp
- Help with a fundraiser
- Sit on a committee – i.e. Fundraising, Marketing, Policy Development
- Teach a skill, share a talent or be a guest speaker
- Provide IT or Administrative support – i.e. website, record keeping
- Pitch us an idea! We are always up for considering something outside of the box!
Not sure what kind of volunteering you are interested in?
Send us a message below with the required information and we’ll do our best to connect you with someone who can provide the opportunity that’s right for you!
Community Organizations – Volunteer Requests
SYNERGY’s mandate is to provide a catalyst for community leadership development by offering resource tools, relevant information and training opportunities to local groups and organizations. One of the tools we offer is posting volunteer opportunities. There are three options available for requesting volunteer assistance; YELL Volunteer Request, All Ages Volunteer Request and Youth Intern Request. To discuss which volunteer option will best suit your needs please complete the form below and we will contact you shortly.
Community Volunteer Request Form