Synergy Youth and Community Development Society (operating as Synergy) was established specifically to serve the needs of a community that has been growing at an extremely rapid rate over the past 15 years. The demographics of Chestermere and Area are very young with almost a third of the residents being under the age of 20 years. A number of community assessments and a formal Social Plan, completed in 2012, identified youth programming, volunteerism and community leadership as sectors requiring formal support and development. Synergy was incorporated under the Alberta Societies Act on November 6, 2013 with a mandate to deliver a continuum of leadership education opportunities to youth and their community.
To cultivate the development of leadership and wellness education in Chestermere, Langdon and S.E. Rocky View
Engaged, Empowered and Healthy Community Leaders
- Relationship – mutual trust, respect, caring, compassion and support
- Holistic Education – authentic learning opportunities for community leaders to develop socially, emotionally, physically, creatively, intellectually and environmentally
- Inclusion – regardless of ethnicity, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, education and/or religion
- Benevolence – for the common good of the community and one another
- Collaboration – making the most of our collective ability to positively impact the community
- Mentorship – guidance and the sharing of knowledge, skills and experience
Synergy Youth and Community Development Society (operating as Synergy) provides leadership development through community based programs for youth from 7-17+ years of age. Weekly youth groups, creative arts programs, camps, retreats, and social activism provide an opportunity for youth to cultivate their leadership potential.
Personal empowerment and community engagement is reinforced through healthy relationship development, a fostered sense of belonging and supported exploration of individual passions.
Synergy provides a catalyst for community leadership development by offering resource tools, relevant information and training opportunities to local groups and organizations.
Efficiencies are discovered and sustained through supportive relationships with our neighbours and community partners as we collaborate on a variety of initiatives.